The Top 24 Religious Christmas Card Quotes and Bible Verses for 2021
To say that this year has been tough would probably be an understatement. With the pandemic still ravaging across the world, affecting jobs and people’s lives, it can sometimes be hard for us to imagine what it will be like when the holiday season comes.
But despite all the circumstances, this year should still be a time for celebration, happiness and holiday cheer. Christmas cards are a well-established British tradition for a reason: everyone loves opening up a greeting from friends and family and knowing that they’re loved and cared for.
Of course, the true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Whether you’re a Christian yourself or simply have religious family members and friends, it’s comforting to think of God’s love for us during the festive season, and be reminded of His sacrifice. Here are 24 of the best religious quotes and bible verses to include in your Christmas card this year.
The Best Bible Verses for Christmas Cards
The Holy Bible is a great source of comfort, calm and joy for Christians everywhere. Here are some of the most meaningful Christmas bible verses, perfect for your holiday cards.
• “And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.” – Revelation 12:5
• “But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.’” – Matthew 1:20
• “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and have come to worship Him.” – Matthew 2:1-2
• “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is He, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” – Zechariah 9:9
• “And it came to pass, as the angles were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.” – Luke 2:15
• “Have this in mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.” – Philippians 2:5-7
• “And he answered, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbour as yourself.’” – Luke 10:27
• “And she shall bring forth a son, and though shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from their sins.” – Matthew 1:21
• “When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.” – Luke 2:17-18
• “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
• “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal invisible, the only God, be honour and glory forever and ever.” 1 Timothy 1:15-17
• “Every good gift and every perfect gif tis from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” – James 1:17
The Best Religious Quotes for Christmas Cards
As well as (or instead of) writing a Bible verse in your festive cards this year, why not include a beautiful religious quote from a famous or influential historical figure? Here are some of the best.
• “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
• “To prepare our hearts for Christmas, we must cultivate the spirit of expectancy.” – Handel H. Brown
• “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” – Pope Francis
• “Peace with God, peace with others, and peace in your own heart.” – Rick Warren
• “Faith is salted and peppered through everything at Christmas. And I love at least one night by the Christmas tree to sing and feel the quiet holiness of that time that’s set apart to celebrate love, friendship, and God’s gift of the Christ child.” – Amy Grant
• “God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith; the warmth of Christmas, which is love; the radiance of Christmas, which is purity; the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice; the belief in Christmas, which is truth; the all of Christmas, which is Christ.” – Wilda English
• “The son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God.” – C.S. Lewis
• “I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old familiar carols play. And wild and sweet, the words repeat, of peace on earth, good will to men.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
• “Off to one side sits a group of shepherds. They sit silently on the floor, perhaps perplexed, perhaps in aw, no doubt in amazement. Their night watch had been interrupted by an explosion of light from heaven and a symphony of angels. God goes to those who have time to hear him—and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds.” – Max Lucado
• “We consider Christmas as the encounter, the great encounter, the historical encounter, the decisive encounter, between God and mankind. He who has faith knows this truly; let him rejoice.” – Pope John Paul VI
• “It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you… yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.” – Mother Teresa
• “Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life.” – Corrie Ten Boom
Where Can I Buy Religious Christmas Cards for 2021?
This year may have been unprecedented to a lot of us just like the past year, but there’s always a reason to celebrate the simple wins and the mere fact that we’ve survived another year in the middle of a pandemic.
So, make it a point to continue the longstanding British tradition of giving Christmas cards to family, friends, colleagues and even people that you met along the way. It is in these simple gestures of love and kindness that you get to show how much you appreciate the people around you.
These bible verses and religious quotes make for the perfect addition to any religious Christmas card. Make sure that you choose your Christmas cards wisely to fit the style and personality of the people you’re giving them to.
Some of our favourite religious Christmas card designs include:
• Birth of Christ: this contemporary and eye-catching design features a high contrast silhouette of Jesus’s nativity, printed in gold and silver foil against a black background.
• Hope: a modern religious design featuring Mary, Joseph, the baby Jesus and an angel intertwined with large golden letters spelling out the word “hope”.
• Madonna & Child with Cherubs: a stunning renaissance-style painted design featuring the Virgin Mary cradling her newborn son, with cherubs watching over her shoulder.
• Star of Wonder: this traditional illustrated Christmas card features the biblical shepherds, watching their flock by night, gazing up at the Christmas star which will soon lead them to the nativity of Jesus.
• The Christmas Nativity: a beautiful illustrated card featuring the classic nativity scene, with the star of wonder shining above and the three Magi approaching on camels.
At Charity Christmas Cards, all of our designs are fully customisable, so you can add your favourite bible verse or religious quote inside the card. And for every card you buy, we’ll make a charitable donation on your behalf, so that you can give back to the less fortunate as you order your cards this year.